Department of Telecommunication, MUET Jamshoro organized 3 Days Workshop on Network Simulator 2, under the umbrella of IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques SB Chapter MUET. In this pursuit, MTT-S has organized a presentation and Hands on session on Network Simulator tool, held at PC Lab 1 (TL Dept.) on, 22nd May 2017 to 24th May 2017.
Workshop was conducted to introduce faculty and students of Department of Telecommunication to get awareness about basic networking concepts,
- Playing with Linux on VM,
- Command line interface (bash), basic commands: ls, cd, pwd, Text editor, plumbing with | and tee, wc, grep,
- Introduction to TCL,
- Creating small network scenarios in NS2,
- Basic Adhoc wireless network scenario,
- Basic wired network scenario,
- Basic wired cum wireless (wifi) scenario,
- Simulating in NS2,
- Fetching results from the trace file ,
- Visualizing the network through the nam utility,
- NSG2 tool for generating scenarios,
- Planning a research study, downloading and Installing NS2,
- Installing a patch for a new component in NS2 and recompiling,
- Question answer session, making it the ideal tool at every stage of the network’s life cycle.
The session was delivered by Engr. Arshad Shaikh, (Assistant Professor, ISRA University, Hyderabad) and Mr. Khalid Mohammadani (Assistant System Administrator, ISRA University, Hyderabad). Workshop was Chaired by Dr. B. S. Chowdhry, Dean FEECE and Dr. Faisal Karim Shaikh Chairman Dept. Telecommunication Engineering. It was efforts of Engr. Nafeesa Bohra who arrange such informative workshop and Engr. Komal Memon, Engr. Anum Talpur and Engr. Mohsin Shah who lead it.
Registration fees was 300. A Total 39 students got registered.